Unresolved dispute between CBS and Time Warner could be great news for Aereo

By Shawn Knight
Jul 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. File this one under moves we didn’t see coming – a spokesperson for Time Warner Cable said if they can’t reach an agreement with CBS over retransmission fees (money that CBS charges for the right to air their content), they...

Read more
  2. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Guru Posts: 396   +82

I see people leaving Time Warner for Dish or Direct more than I see them adding another service to TimeWarner (while paying the same as they did with CBS, I'm sure).
  3. One more reason to ditch cable and satellite altogether
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,730   +1,096

I didn't need any more reasons. The only reason I needed showed up in the mail every month.
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,620   +505

Boo Freaking Hoo, as if Americans don't have enough TV at their disposal at an already low price... And then there's this "Currently, Aereo offers five flavors of service: Try for Free (one hour free per day), Day Pass ($1 per day), two monthly plans at $8 and $12 and an annual subscription for $80-per-year." Now take a Canadian provider. Bell, it cost a little over $100, A Month! And that doesn't even get you all the available channels or packages. No HD either. A similar service would be closer to the $20 mark in the US, now they come out with $8 or $12 a month packages... Time Warner and CBS are both equally greedy parties who don't deserve to do business with each other.