TechSpot

Unresolved issues

By mythirdeye97
May 2, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just before I made a mobo and cpu upgrade, I had crashing issues in games with my old nforce 2 athlon 3200. I would get random crashing to the desktop playing such games a Battlefield vietnam& Unreal tournament 2004(general protection fault). Now I have a new setup, which has been stable except for a few problems. First Im still getting the gpf in Unreal tournament, and I have been geting random crashing to the desktop in farcry. I cant seem to figure out what is attributing to this. Im using a fresh reformat, all current drivers/updates. My second problem regards 3dmark 03, althouh I also use Aquamark 3 as a benchmark tool. My first couple of benchmarks only yeilded a 3700 score, way lower than my older cpu/mobo setup. After I reformated the hd (again) I got a score of 5700. After this is upped the cpu o.c. to 210, and got a score of 4700???? Why the difference in scores? Aquamark however, reflected the o.c. changes I made and always gave me the same score each time I b.m. my system 42,000 and 43,000 respectively. My guess is that I attribute the crashing to my memory timings, which I have set to default by spd in the bios. Any ideas as to my problem is greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon64 3200+ @2.01 Ghz
    Gigabyte K8N Pro
    1 gig Corsair DDR 400 XMS (installed in Slot 1,2)
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb
    WD 80gig hd 7200 rpm, 8mb buffer
    Antec 480 psu
    Windows XP sp 1
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.