unusual benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate39

unusual benchmarks

yesterday set my abit guru on turbo overclocked my video card and then opened Doom 3's timedemo. I also set the game for ultra quality just to see how it would do.

After the second time (to get the best score) it said that my frame speed was 57 fps! This is about ten fps better than I had gotten before at high quality. I checked to see if my settings were correct and it said that I was on ultra quality and the normal resolutions of 1024x768.

I set it back to high quality and got a fps slower. In game play at ultra it moves quite well. Can anyone explain? thanks

Since I ran the first test I tightened my ram to 2336 instead of 2.5336. On high quality I got over 59, on ultra over 51 which is still good but down from the 57. One thing that is different is here in NY state the temperature has been in the 90's then the 70's. I have noticed better scores when it is cooler. Is this to be expected?

As long as your house is the same temp during each tests the scores should be the same. Also background programs can alter results check that. But if the temp in your case is like 35 C during one test and 45 C during another that will alter the results also.

ok, I think that explains some of this, when it is in the 70s I get better scores than when it is over 80. I can run doom3 ultra decently, but in half life 2 I can set everything to high and AAx2, but not the texture detail. It has to be on medium or it takes forever to load and hitches a lot. Will get another stick of ram when I can. Spent 650 on this stuff and that was just to upgrade.

yea, but I would like to be able to set hl2 on high texture, but that will have to wait for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back