Unusual problems, I need a Dr. House but for PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!
I've recently bought a new computer and I am having some really strange issues.
First I had a hard time installing Win 7 (I couldnt install 64 bit even though my CPU is COMPATIBLE with it) because of errors, so I went with the 32 bit version which was fine until I got BSODs and applications crashed more than they usually do, also system ran chckdsk-s like every day.
So I decided to install my good old XP to check out if I have hardware issues. Although it seems to be running fine I am having some extraordinary anomalies.

No BSODs so far, BUT in Everest cache stress test failure occured upon start. And in prime 95 with Blend test (where lots of ram used) I get an error in 30 sec: "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4".

I suspect it is a RAM issue but I ran 4 ram tests so far (memtest86 2 times and windows memory diagnostic 2 times as well), but I cannot get a hold on it. However this hcidesign.com/memtest/ shows problems after a few mins.

This may seems to be irrevelant but I am sure it isn't:
I am also having some really strange errors with downloads. When I use torrent, everytime I recheck a file the program shows that the file wasn't properly downloaded and it sets the download back from 100% to 90-99%. No matter how many times I do that its never 100% after a recheck but always different parts of the files are missing / corrupt.
This could indicate a HDD error but I ran many tests and got nothing.
Also the problem didn't stop when I downloaded on my external hdd.

Before you start yelling that its a torrent issue, I sometimes get problems on .exe-s and during installations. Those get corrupted too just like large .rar-s / .zip-s. However usually I can unpack smaller files.

(IF you know what .sfv files are then this could be another lead because everytime I run it, it shows different files being bad. Like first it says that .12 .13 is bad but on the next check it says no errors or .33 .02 files are bad)

So these are my problems I hope someone can help me. Keep in mind that its a new PC and a new OS, I have no virues or whatsoever.

My specs:

MSI 770-C45
AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550
Samsung 2048MB RAM
300 GB WD 16mb
Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series (temporary till I can get a GTS 250)
450W PSU

IF you know what .sfv files are

They are files created with Quick SFV and are verfication files associated with RAR files found on torrent sites, they are used to either repair or store info on the files you have downloaded.

Your problem is strange and i cant see any reason why it would occur, perhaps someone else can

If it's running checkdisks , then that would indicate that the Hard Drive could be faulty - may just be a bad unit, damaged in shipping or something.

Run the WDDLG {Western Digital Diagnostic}.

Yep I'd though so but chkdsk should have fixed it also it. Also it passed WDDate test and another windows something HDD test without showing any errors. You know when I got BSODs with Win7 It probably corrupted some data and by thus making chkdsk to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back