Unusual problems with network connection on WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone can help me with this odd problem because it is really confusing me. I was trying to set up file sharing on my computer with my local network. But after changing the permissions no one can connect to my folders. So I was curious what was going on, so I tried to go into my network connection settings. When I try to go into my connection settings the window just freezes. I have to end explorer and have it start over again. But the problem still persists. I can't even right click on my network connection icon (in network connections) without the window freezing. To top it off I thought that perhaps something was going on with Norton AntiVirus 2005's firewall. So I turned it off, and was going to just mess around with the windows firewall. BUt when I tried to open it from control panel, it says "Due to an unidentified problem, windows cannot open windows firewall settings." Anyone have any idea what is going on with my system? Everything else is working perfectly, internet works great, computer runs real fast etc. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Palisades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back