Unusual wi-fi outgoing transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent J

I just moved this from the Storage & Networking forum as it might be more appropriate here..

Since last night, I was puzzled why my browsing was frozen. I couldn't receive any data. I checked my network activity through Task Manager and was surprised that my computer was continuously sending around 400Kbps! I closed all applications and still it was sending. I disable my wi-fi and enabled it again, and it continued sending data again.

when i checked with my internet provider, the data sent didn't register with their system and to my billing. what could be causing this? what can i do? this usually happens a few hours after i boot up and have a couple of programs running. thanks in advance!

here's my hjt log file while it wasn't acting up yet.

As I suspected, your system IS infected. You need to have a thorough read of the sticky threads (at the top of the forum) first.

This thread is for the use of Agent J only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I apologise for having to alter my post several times but i am a little rusty as i have bee absent from TS for some time and its taking me a little while to get back into the swing of things

possible suspects are the many AutoUpdate services for many programs,
eg Java, Adobe, Windows, AVG, COMODO, ... there's quite a list.

btw: unless you have a Printer connected via Ethernet, your Bonjour service is
useless; it will never discover a USB printer for example.

thanks for the info rik n jobeard.. here are the updated log files of AVG antispyware, hjt, and combofix. antirootkit didn't find any hidden files.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back