Unwanted toolbar in Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem. Somehow a toolbar named Begin2Search has attached itself to IE. Everytime I log on to the internet this toolbar is present. I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of it. I went to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs & it is not there. I think it is somehow attached to IE. When I do a Search it is not found on my C drive. When on the internet I can hide it but of course it comes right back the next time I log on. I am getting a number of pop-ups and think some of them are related to this toolbar. Can anyone recommend a way to get this particular toolbar off my system. I do have the Google toolbar installed and want to keep it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First of all go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Probably a good idea to print them out.

Once you have done that go HERE and follow the instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I'm thinking that AdAware will probably take care of the problem and you won't need to run HJT. I'd do AdAware first, then the SpyBot or similar, and HJT last only if you still have the problem.

Neither Adaware nor Spybot can cure that. CWShredder gets close, and HJT finishes it.
Just have a look at the first post Howard recommended. Loads of useful info there.
(even if I am blowing my own trumpet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back