Upcoming FPS games

By fuka
Mar 7, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd like to hear peoples rumours and idea's about the upcoming fps games.

Quake4?

I'm scared to think of what this is going to be like If its going to be more like quake2 I think it will be a big hit, in my opinion Quake3 is inferior to quake2, sure the better graphics and etc. but if Quake2 had the same level as graphics as quake3 it would be wayyy better! Quake2 "The Edge" map, people have to say this is one of the best fps maps ever made!

Doom3?

I don't know a lot about this game but I hope it kicks butt! if anyone has a link to info and screenshots of this please post.

Duke Nukem Forever (correct me if I'm wrong)

God bless duke nukem!

anyhow, ya, I wanna read some rumours and thoughts on upcoming fps games. not only those 3 I listed any ones, theres probably a few I don't know about that are coming.

(*edited by moderator for vulgar language)
  2. eof

eof Newcomer, in training

Yea...looking forward to Soldier of Fortune 2, Global Ops, GTA2 (not FPS but exciting)....the next few months should be good I think. I am also looking forward to Gran Tourismo and Final Fantasy when they come to the PC....

A good site for this is kinda chat is http://www.gonegold.com
  3. Ravellidar

Ravellidar Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

Duke Nukem Forever, assuming it'll ever come out ;). Deus Ex 2, Soldier of Fortune 2 & Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight 2.
    Don't think there's much else out there of much interest, Unreal 2 perhaps I guess as well. Am actually replaying through Dark Forces 2 again now. Nothing like talking on a Walker robot with a lightaber, heh.
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Thief Dark Project 3
  6. Whack0

Whack0 Newcomer, in training Posts: 169

...not really rumors though, but....

I'm looking forward to when Halo and Grand Theft Auto 3 comes over to the PC. Just thinking about the potential online multiplayer fun makes me go whac.......:D

I can't wait for Unreal 2 or Unreal Tournament 2, too...
  7. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

8. bedlam_4

bedlam_4 Newcomer, in training Posts: 182

Yeah baby!! Quake II rocks!
    Last time I posted that on the old forums I got rocked. 'course I was a little tanked and obnoxious at the time.:blush:
  9. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

The most obvious answer...
    Unreal II and Tournament II!
    And Half Life II!
    Tons of sequels!

Plus there's other good ones...
    IGI 2
    Soldier of Fortune: Double Helix
    Tomb Raider the Next Generation:eek: (Oops...third person :p)
    Halo (For PC this time, fools!)

Gahh...UT2!!!!
  10. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

I'm mostly looking forward to Doom3, Unreal II, Duke Nukem Forever and Jedi Knight II. The first two mostly because of the technology innovation and other two because of its gameplay and overall feel.

Though, I would love seeing back Doom's original feel and most specifically id's good taste of how gameplay should be made, Quake series was good, but lacked that 'little something' that makes a great game a classic.
  11. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Now there is nothing wrong with that, now is there????

if there is, please let me know!!

12. Ai Hate

Ai Hate Newcomer, in training Posts: 321

Unreal II
    UT II
    Deus Ex II
    Soldier of Fortune II
  13. Federelli

Federelli Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

will we see monkey island 5??
  14. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Posts: 773

Most definitely SoF2 for now. The first one really rocked quite a bit. As for Quake4, Q3 is already getting quite boring. I really hope they'll bring back single player and hope they have a story line this time! :)
  15. Arris

Doh!

I thought I had covered everything in my list.
    How could I have missed Deus Ex II!!!

Oh and incase anyone is interested the Public Beta is now out for Global Operations.
  16. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Half Life 2 - hopefully it will be at least as good as the original
  17. lokem

Any idea when this will be out?
  18. Th3M1ghtyD8

next year I think
  19. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

You probably mean GTA3? Gran Turismo 1 rocks! I have GT2 too but it's Japanese version, I don't understand everything in it. Had to start FF9 from the beginning, too. Waiting for FF X (it'll be available on PS1, I hope).
  20. Ai Hate

i've just bought a pc game magazine today (Future Gamer = Thai version of PC Gamer) after not doing so for a couple of months (nothing exciting back then), and to my surprise, there's a SoFII: Double Helix advertisment! heh, never thought it'd come out this soon! other than that is a JediII advertisement, so i guess it'll be out around here soon :)
    haven't read it completely though, i'll post back if there's anything particularly interesting...
  21. Th3M1ghtyD8

Anyone know if GTA 3 is actually coming out for the PC? I have heard rumours that it will not be released. Anyone able to shed any light on this???
  22. Ai Hate

amen...
  23. Arris

Goto www.rockstargames.com and click on the games icon (4th one in on little flash menu bar) to list all the games....
    Hover over Grand Theft Auto 3 and you will see that under platform it says "Playstation(R)2, PC".

Also at their site just for GTA3 they have confirmation....
    PS : Finished it on PS2 a while back :p ;)
  24. lokem

When is Spring? ;)
  25. Arris

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0775251.html
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.