Upcoming Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

Parts in quotes (") taken from http://movies.yahoo.com/upcoming/bytitle/

Alien 6 (no Sigourney Weaver this time!)
Release Date: August 6th, 2004

"The comic books and video games with the same concept pluralize the first word in the title so it's 'Aliens Vs. Predator,' but this movie will keep it singular (like the first Alien), so it's 'Alien Vs. Predator' (presumably to separate this movie from the storylines of the comic books and video games, which it isn't based upon). "

Batman 5 (oh please God no!)
Release Date: Summer, 2005
The last few Batman movies with exception to the first and second movie sucked, WHY do they have to make another one?? Even Jim Carrey couldnt do this movie justice, how could anyone else???!!!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Release Date: 2005
I know we all loved the first movie, but damnit it isn't the 70's anymore, movie writers suck, actors suck.. hell.... dont ruin such a classic by making a sequel out of it!!!

Dawn of the Dead
Release Date: 2004
Oh yes baby! Night of the Living Dead flics are my favorite horror movies of all time. It's nice to hear a new one is coming out, but isnt there already a Dawn of the Dead? I am guessing this is a sequel to that movie or a remake. Like I said before screen writers, and actors these days suck too bad to do such a great movie justice. Too bad.

Blade: Trinity
Release Date: 2004
We all know I have but a few words for this one. "HELL YES!"

Britney Baby, One More Time
Release Date: 2003
"Premise: Dude Schmitz (Borchardt), a struggling filmmaker from Wisconsin, hoping to interview pop star Britney Spears, finds himself on a manic road trip with a transvestite Britney look-alike (Stephens). "
ROFL. I just had to add this one. This movie just might be worth watching because it sounds hilarious.

Freddy Vs Jason
"Based Upon: This movie combines the stars of two of the longest-running horror franchises: Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street) and Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th). This is the 8th and 11th movie, respectively, of each of those series. "
Umm........ wtf?

Jeepers Creepers II
LOL, I know you guys are saying "OH NO!". I hate to say it but I will actually watch this just because it has a nice little idea to it and is one of the more original movies around these days, even though it isnt a blockbuster hit.

Jurassic Park IV
Release Date: 2005
2005 is just too long to wait for this movie. I'll be seeing this in the theatre on Day 1.

Hey acid, you forgot Indiana Jones 4. I had heard almost a year ago that this was in the makings. But July 1st 2005!?!?!?! Long ways from now........

Originally posted by DLx/P
Hey acid, you forgot Indiana Jones 4. I had heard almost a year ago that this was in the makings. But July 1st 2005!?!?!?! Long ways from now........

Well if I posted every single moving thats in the making I would be here forever ;-).

What happened to Alien 5?
Doesn't 5 come before 6?
Maybe I forgot something?

I believe Alien: Resurrection was Alien 5.

Edit: Actually it was Alien 4. I'll have to find out why the upcoming movie list, listed the new Alien as Alien 6.

Ok, to fix the confusion, here is the deal.

Alien 5 is "Alien Vs. Predator"
Alien 6 is the Official next in the series Alien movie.

Both of these are coming out "soon".

So, yes Alien: Resurrection is indeed Alien 4.

I was a bit confused by this.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808402883
Title Note: (6/23/03) This next 'Alien' movie starring Sigourney Weaver was long expected to be the fifth movie in the series, but Alien Vs Predator now has that honor instead, so I will from now be listing this movie as 'Alien 6' (even though it's still basically the fifth "Ripley Alien" movie, separate from what may become a series of Alien vs Predator movies.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
So, yes Alien: Resurrection is indeed Alien 5.
Alien 4, isn't it? :p

90% sequels these days...and maybe 10% good ones
Yes, I'm not accurate with those figures...

My comments on the movies:

Alien 6 - No...
Batman 5 - Oh nooo!
Blade 3 - oh well, I liked Blade 2 more than Blade, which seems to be a rare case, it might be good
Freddy vs. Jason - Haha, they are spoofing each other, isn't that funny?
Jurassic Park 4 - nono, not again please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back