Update BIOS without diskette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a laptop with only CD. I downloaded updated BIOS file but the file requested a diskette in order to update BIOS.

what can i do to update BIOS without diskette?

If your computer can boot from an USB device and that you have some USB flash, format a bootable DOS partition on it and put the required files on it.

What else, you can burn a bootable DOS CD. You will just not be able to backup the older BIOS if you don't have a FAT32 HDD partition.

DragonMaster said:
If your computer can boot from an USB device and that you have some USB flash, format a bootable DOS partition on it and put the required files on it.

What else, you can burn a bootable DOS CD. You will just not be able to backup the older BIOS if you don't have a FAT32 HDD partition.

Hi DragonMaster,

how can i do a bootable DOS CD?

HP gave me a downloaded BIOS upfile. The file will automatically prompt me a screen to indicate which diskette drive i should put. (selection only 'A' or 'B').
Once it got the bootable DOS CD, how can i tranfer the necessary BIOS data to the bootable DOS CD?

An other option,

If you have Nero, you can make the floppy in an other computer, start Nero, select bootable CD and select that you want to get the boot image from the floppy drive.

I have Nero Express and that's the only option I've got.

heck, I got a spare floppy around my house I'll sell ya for a couple of bucks plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back