update.exe virus removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan1983

Hey all, i dont know much about computers so plz bare with me :)

On startup Norton Antivirus says it detected a trojan horse at C:\Program Files\Common Files\{60397C84-0BFA-1033-0420-060509080001}/update.exe

Under action taken it says "unable to repair this file" and "access denied"

I ran Hicjackthis for first time, heres the log (dunno if thats how its done lol)

Thanks for your help guys!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as an attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of alan1983 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey howard thanks for your help.

I followed all the steps and attached the two reports. Didnt get the norton detection thing when I rebooted in normal mode just now, so dunno if its maybe fixed.

Attachments

• hijackthis1991.log
    8.7 KB · Views: 5
You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

PRINTV~1

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

pvmodule.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {961CE0A8-546A-2992-47FC-74E29703749A} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {961CE0A8-546A-2992-47FC-74E29703749A} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: PrintViewBHO Class - {D4E0C464-30CE-4075-9A10-71FD106C2847} - C:\PROGRA~1\PRINTV~1\PRINTH~1.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PVModule] C:\PROGRA~1\PRINTV~1\pvmodule.exe

O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\PRINTV~1 Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of alan1983 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Didnt find those in Add&remove and task manager processes, but found the folder and all the hijackthis entries.

Heres the new hijackthis log.

System is running smoothly, thx a lot :)

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back