Update on my linux install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surkitz

alright im currently in this seemingly overwhelming install phase. i decided just to do the burn the boot cd iso to one disk and then install using the yast thing instead of the 5cd deal (which i dont have, all i have are dvd discs). is this the better option? (your opinion here). also in the openSUSE.org page on installs, they mention "Make a record of the IP address and directory path of the mirror's installation repository." what does this mean? do i write it down? would i be better off doing the live dvd instead? im new at this linux and install thing trying to work with 2 OS 's but i would very much like to use linux.

thanks

What sort of DVD(s) do you have? The DVD should be bootable and installing from that is by far the easiest way. The install processes are identical, the only difference being that you don't have to insert additional CDs in the file copying phase.

If all you have is the first (boot) CD then you need to know the network address of a server holding the rest of SuSE installation files and the location of the files on the server.

goof on the download

well, i kinda goofed on the download. i realized that you have to first download the iso files, then burn them to the cd or dvd. its not a direct download on a disc, lol. that being said im gonna stick with my original plan and download the disks, then burn them to one dvd+r that i have, then do the complete install using the dvd. Im just hoping i can partition this thing right using their partition tool cause i dont have one.

Nodsu said:
What sort of DVD(s) do you have? The DVD should be bootable and installing from that is by far the easiest way. The install processes are identical, the only difference being that you don't have to insert additional CDs in the file copying phase.

If all you have is the first (boot) CD then you need to know the network address of a server holding the rest of SuSE installation files and the location of the files on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back