Update to new DMI? Hard Drive S.m.a.r.t. utility disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treetops

I got my new rig and its running fine but at start up I have a black screen with those messages for like 5 seconds, Im not sure what they mean I did a little googling, the first one has to do with amd in a gigabyte mobo. I dont know if its anything to be concerned about. Oh yeah they messed up at ups and so I am using my bros old case, but hey it worls :). Its been displaying that message since It first booted, I have all the latest updates and I used uniblue driver scanner to make sure I have all the latest drives.

I am also getting to error messages right when windows comes up saying nvpll.exe or something like that is not there or something, I believe this file has to do with my video card drive wich is also up to date.

Again it runs seemingly fine, not a big problem but id like to know whats going on.

Your bios might need to be tweeked a bit. SMART is a utility that reads the SMART data from your hard drives. It can sense a pending problem with a hard drive. You enable it in the bios under the hard drive detecting area.

DMI is short for Desktop Management Interface, an API (Application Program Interface) to enable software to collect information about a computer environment. For example, using DMI a program can determine what software and expansion boards are installed on a computer... You might try reseting the bios to optimal settings

I turned smart on and I will now set setting to optimal, I am curious what is visualization? Mines turned off in the bios. Also when I play the crisis demo I get a blue screen. I have all the latest drivers and I just reinstalled the nvidia drivers, it got rid of the nvcl type errors but the blue screen still appears upon playing crisis, My core tempature does not seem to be the problem, I pointed a houshold fan at my cpu until my case comes in the mail. I monitor the core temp closely and it seems to be fine. Perhaps after getting rid of this DMI thing the blue screen will subside. Anywho Ill B Baq

im using this to monitor temps
http://www.esoft.web.id/utilities/core-temp-099526-monitor-temperature-processor.html

Setting it to optimal did not help it

Did you install the drivers that came with the motherboard? What operating system are you running? You said that the case you planned to build with never came? What about the power supply? Is it from the old case? It may be too small for the new motherboard, CPU and video card

It is a 600 watt cpu and I have been told it should be fine, I updated my specs to show my system. No I did not install anything that came with the mobo I will search for them now, most drivers you get from a disk suck. Yes I am still awaiting the case in the mean time im using my brothers from his broken down machine. Its a full case. UPS messed up my shipping, I dont know the details but they show some sort of error in the tracking, since the error it appears the case is about 15 minutes away. It was supposed to arrive yesterday.

Be sure to get the latest drivers for the Gigabyte board from their support site. The supplied sound, video and chipset drivers are better than installing none. Windows Update might supply newer ones. What make is the 600 watt power supply? Is it new? I get 99% of my parts from Newegg. They come in 3 or 4 days, by UPS to me here in Montana. Another thought, look for a bios update...Good luck

Yes I did look for the newest bios update and I do appreciate your help, newegg usually has excellent shipping but to error is human. Thank you for reinforcing the idea of getting the newest driver, uniblue from what I found out is crap. For now I am staying away from high end games, I am to tired from all the work I put in today, soo ill be playing some of my mid ranged games with ease for today, ill get back to you all tomorrow and update you on how the new drivers work out! Cheers

I was going to say that Uniblue as well as other driver checkers are all bad. They are much like malware, trying to sell you something you don't want or need. Have a good night

I noticed the psu connector that goes to the mobo(the big one) is missing a open socket pin receiver ma-jig.I am re-downloading crisis to see if it will work now that my computer is in the new case, when I open 3dmark06 I am only at around 45-49 Cecilius. I also reapplied the thermal paste, because the first batch I put on was 6 months old being stored in a zip lock bag in its open container. My cpu did not come with paste sadly. Anywho its way cooler now, when crisis finishes downloading ill see if the new case\drives\thermal paste has fixed the problem. By the way this new case gives new definition to the term "full" tower, its huge!

If the problem persists should I try to get a replacement psu through my warranty? Its about 2 years into its 3 year warranty. Id have to find my warranty and mail it in, id rather try other solutions first.

Here is a link to all my parts

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic135092.html

Hey all seems to be going well now. But that dmi message is still displayed and to my knowledge I have all the newest drivers, however I did not apply the update flash bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back