Update tool - Microsoft - Anyone ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

Hi there,

am searching for a microsoft tool that allows the user to select windows updates and check windows patch installation etc... i hate default windows update btw and its not that tool am after. havent used it in a while and forgot its name. it kinda is targetted for administrators, similar to baseline security analyzer MBSA, though cant locate it on the web or microsoft as the list in there is huge and havent had any luck.
if one could let me know of this i would be gratefull. i think i used it with windows 2k, but aint sure not more as memory fails me.

anyhow thanks

thanks for the reply jobeard. though that is not the app am after. the one am looking for is a microsoft tool, designed by them and distributed by them. i bust my brain to remember it as it was the best i've tried for that type of work. if i remember correctly it was cmd based, though not sure if there was a gui with it.
helped alot in identifying missing patches/updates and downloading/installing them.
it was on the age when windows started making windows update as the defacto crap.
anyhow, hope someone remembers this gem

tata

I strongly suspect that after the MS Validation service was created, the sole
remaining service now is MS Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back