Updating Video BIOS for motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike066604

i installed everest, and it says that my video bios is nearly 2 years outdated. it could be the explanation as to why my video card has been acting flaky. i have downloaded the motherboard system bios, so that it up to date. i dont know what it means with the video bios. my motherboard is an Asus k8n-e deluxe 1 socket 754. my video card is an ATI radeon 9800 pro 128 mb. and i have a AMD athlon 64 processor 2800+

so if anyone knows how i can update video bios. please help.

thanks.

FYI, firmware does not get outdated. And it most certainly doesn't get slower over time.

The only reason to flash a BIOS is to fix something that is wrong or to get some improvement that is present in the newer version.

And, every BIOS flash is a risky operation. I pretty much crippled one of my own video cards trying to update the BIOS. Now the thing is without a working BIOS and can only be used as a secondary video card.

thank you fastco. that is probably the best website i have ever seen. it answered all my questions, and others that i have had for many months. thanks so much!

so i downloaded that program from the website fastco gave me, but i dont know how to use it. fastco can you help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back