TechSpot

Updating Video card questions??

By rabbit334
Jun 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HI everyone i play counter strike i just got a new computer an HP m7690n graphics card Nvidia 7600GT and when i load counter strike it tells me my computers video card is not up to date i no how to update it but when i do it tells me that windows logo doesnt read the download and it might be a threat to your computer does anyone no what to do. It also just tells you to continue anyways i did and finished the instalation then i rebooted and tried to load counter strike source and said it again,
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Hmm, kinda hard to understand your main question, but you should download & install the newest Forceware drivers from nvidia.com. :)

BTW, welcome to Techspot!! :wave:
  3. rabbit334

rabbit334 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry,

My main question was i installed my new update during the proccess a popup came up and told me that windows logo does not allow this download. It said i could continue which i did. Rebooted and my update was download but when i got back on steam tried to load counter strike source it told me that my video card was out of date again....
  4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

What was that update? A Steam one or not? Did you try to download the newest Nvidia video drivers?
  5. rabbit334

I have already downloaded the update from nvidia but steam tells me even after i updated my card that it is still out of date.
  6. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

7. rabbit334

I am using the 94.24 Xp one i got it off of Nvidia's website under download
  8. cookiedude

cookiedude TS Booster Posts: 230

Did you delete the old drivers before installing the updated ones?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.