Upgrade from 1950gt to 2900xt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimla

I run a single 1950gt and want something better for my games, i have plenty of games such as battlefield 2,2142, team fortress, quake, enemy territory and the list goes on, but i want a bit better for these games. i was thinking of upgrading to a 2900xt but all my friends say its not that good and i should just wait, i need your guys help on deciding!

p.s. no nvidia cards, i have an msi ati crossfire 580x motherboard so i dont think i'd be able to run an nvidia.

Actually an ATI based motherboard is perfectly capable of running nVidia cards, just not in SLI/CrossFire. Wait a few weeks for the newer cards to come out (8800GT, 2950xt, etc.) which will either be better suited for your needs or make the previous cards go down in price making it less expensive for you to get them.

Yeah you can still get a 8800GTX if you wanted, but you do have a Crossfire motherboard and a single X1950GT. If you had dual X1950GTs you could get a dramatic jump in frame rates in many games and still save some green. Two 1950GTs in Crossfire are stronger than a single X1900XTX at 1280X1024 screen resolution and higher. I have two X1950GTs in Crossfire and have no real complaints.

The review:
http://www.lostcircuits.com/video/sapphire_x1950gt/

i appreciate your help guys, thanks a bunch!

i'll update you guys on how the videocard upgrade goes.

The 8800GT releases in a few days and is able to beat the 8800GTS 640MB. It will retail for $250 so that would be the best buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back