Upgrade from win 8 to win 8.1 when start menu is introduced

I have win 8 and didn't upgrade to win 8.1 as I'm happy the way I have the puter set up with the desktop. I really want that start menu when it's introduced. Do I have to upgrade to 8.1 now to get the next upgrade with the start menu or can I upgrade when it comes out.
Thanx.

Win 8.1 is not much different the 8. Just a few changes. As far as the update comeing up its a add on to win 8.1. You may not have to update. But it might be a good Ideal to.

I think they will require Windows 8.1 for the start menu update. So I would upgrade now. It brings some nice improvements so it wouldnt hurt.

You will stay on Windows 8.0 forever unless you enter the Windows shop via the App and select the 8.1 update which will be waiting for you. When you've installed that the unfortunately named update 1, due in a few days, will be downloaded through Windows update as usual.

Why you trying to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7 again if you are happy with Windows 8...just curious...let me guess..."It boots faster!".

Why you trying to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7 again if you are happy with Windows 8...just curious...let me guess..."It boots faster!".
How can you make that assumption, when there is no mention of Windows 7? You're making it sound as if the OP upgraded from Windows 7. Not everyone who has Windows 8, chose to have Windows 8. And even those who have chosen Windows 8, should not be ridiculed by those of us who are Windows 7 users.

This is a Windows 8 help thread, can you please keep our hatred for Win8 in the articles?

How can you make that assumption, when there is no mention of Windows 7? You're making it sound as if the OP upgraded from Windows 7. Not everyone who has Windows 8, chose to have Windows 8. And even those who have chosen Windows 8, should not be ridiculed by those of us who are Windows 7 users.

This is a Windows 8 help thread, can you please keep our hatred for Win8 in the articles?

Yes I can. My apologies.

Back