Upgrade graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoboy1994

i want to upgrade(change) my graphics card from ATI Radeon 9250 agp (it's an old one) to ATI Radeon hd 3850 agp
is the hd 3850 complicable to an agp 4x?

motherboard: AGP 4X supports 1 GB/s data rate and runs at 266MHz.

more info (link): eu.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1&TypeID=1&DetailID=51&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=1&LanID=8

is this posible to work proparle?

*sorry for the english

yep, you can run a agp 8x in a agp 4x slot as long as the card says its backwards compatible

altho, with that huge bottleneck, i dont think its worth getting the 3850

my last system had a agp 4x slot, couldnt tell a difference at all when i upgraded my nvidia 5200 to a much better agp card.

save a couple of bucks and try the 3650 agp card, it also supports 4x/8x agp

link to one is here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161237

2600 doesnt look too bad either, bout the same price as card above

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131136

good luck.

what about the memory rate?
does it maters the supported memory rate of the motherboard or is saperate?

i'm bettwin ati radeon 3650 or 3850 (sapphire)

*note: in Greece the don't sell any his graphics card...the sell sapphire, assus, nvidia etc

The 3850 will not be bottlenecked by a 4x slot. Get it, but make sure your PSU is beefy enough first. If it isn't, the 3650 is your next-best option.

does it matter?
i have got a 420W and the graphics card require 550W

can i use my psu or not??

something alse:which is better(performance) the HD3650 Sapphire one or the Asus one?

It depends on what PSU you have. A generic one will most likely have very low power output on the +12V rail(s) and so you won't be able to use the HD 3850. The HD 3650 is your best bet overall, since it's a fairly low-power card with decent performance to boot. And Sapphire is among the best when it comes to ATI cards.

The 3850 will not be bottlenecked by a 4x slot. Get it, but make sure your PSU is beefy enough first. If it isn't, the 3650 is your next-best option.

i didnt mean by the 4x slot.

what i meant was, would his pc with those specs run the 3850 to its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back