TechSpot

Upgrade Laptop?

By Knives55
Dec 2, 2006
  1. Hey, my question pertains to the ability to upgrade my cruddy laptop. It works well enough I suppose except I would like to improve it's gaming performance. It is an HP Pavillion Dv5000 or some such and the video card is an AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-34.

I'm wondering if there's any way to plug in a better video card and what sort would be the best choice. I have no price range but I'm stuck with this lap top for a while and I'm determined to make it to where I don't have to look at poor refresh rate and shoddy textures.

Thanks.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

VERY few laptops are capable of video upgrades. This is because the vast majority have integrated video. Moreover, most laptops are designed for work productivity, not gaming. I highly doubt you will be able to upgrade the video, but if you can, check the manufactuer's website.
    I have yet to run accross a laptop that the video card can be upgraded, that is because most laptops don't have video cards - their video is integrated onto the mobo.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.