Upgrade question

Doctor Gallop

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 AMD E 300 with Radeon HD 6310 Graphics.
I would like to be able to play a few of the newer PC games but when I try they seem to stutter and do not run smoothly.
Do I need to install a better graphics card? If so can someone recommend what kind I could buy and install without a high cost?
Thank you for any advice.

The AMD E-300 (codename Zacate) is a dual core processor for small notebooks and netbooks. It offers a relatively powerful integrated graphics card and a single ...
It appears you have a portable device that likely doesn't have upgrade options. If your device maker doesn't list upgrade options on their website, you can likely scratch this idea.

Portables (Phones, Tablets, Netbooks, and Notebooks) are not designed with upgrading in mind. They are small and very limited with cooling capabilities. And most of the time everything is integrated in small form factors and can not be replaced.

In that case you can get any graphics cards, that is if your power supply will support them. Sorry for making a false assumption, I'm not well acquainted with all AMD products.

Quick estimated summary:
  • A 300W power supply will keep you in the sub-100 dollar range.
  • A 450W power supply will allow for 100 to 200 dollar cards.
  • A 600W will allow for 300+ dollar cards.

In that case you can get any graphics cards, that is if your power supply will support them. Sorry for making a false assumption, I'm not well acquainted with all AMD products.

Quick estimated summary:
  • A 300W power supply will keep you in the sub-100 dollar range.
  • A 450W power supply will allow for 100 to 200 dollar cards.
  • A 600W will allow for 300+ dollar cards.
Please forgive my ignorance, but can you tell me what power my computer has by looking at this image ?

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3
Sadly no I can't.

You may need to pull the side cover off and look at the label on the power supply. There will be a total power listing that will indicate your power supplies rating. And if you don't mind can you also list the maker of the power supply, that is if you do look?

Back