Upgraded from Geforce 4 MX to a Geforce 6600 256MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
i baught a new graphics card which is the GeForce 6600 256 MB of DDR ram it i put a 350w power supply in my pc to accomidate the card. how ever when i put the card in plug everything in and turn on my PC i get no imput from the card to my monitor...i was told my MB is for 4x and the card is 8x but everywhere ive read states you can use a 8x on the 4x MB just will decrease performance a tad bit.. how do i get the card to work on the 4x i cant seem to get it to give me an imput to my monitor

thanks
chris

sounds like a defective video card. try putting your old video card back in.

if it works. i would return the new card for a replacement.

old card works fine, the new card powers up for the fan on the card it self spins but it just doesnt give me an imput to the PC

your power supply is balking at the added load of the 6600 gpu. i advise a name brand supply of 420 watts or better. what brand is the supply?

Samething happened to me too!!

PentPC said:
i baught a new graphics card which is the GeForce 6600 256 MB of DDR ram it i put a 350w power supply in my pc to accomidate the card.

I did the same thing a few days ago. I bought a ATI Radeon 9800SE 256MB. I pluged it in and nothing appears on screen and there was a few beeps. You can go to the following link for more detail. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic30156.html

I brought my whole tower back to the place I bought the card to let them see if they can get it working. They tried putting in a Radeon 9600 128MB. They tried plugging in a more powerful power supply but still nothing happened. So we also came to the conclusion that the video card is just too powerful for the motherboard to handle. I finally had to return the 9800 and bought a GeForce 4 Ti 4800 128MB, which is a 4x AGP. Hope this help.

ChineseTechie :) :knock:

Did you install a new driver for your new card? Also, make sure that if your card has an auxillary power supply connector, it is connected to the power supply. Maybe you already did these things but it wasn't clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back