Upgradeing my MOBO and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a upgrade question I am a power gamer love to play my MMORPG UO .
My game stalls and studders I have 768 Megabytes Installed Memory
My Mobo is : First International Computer, Inc. AM37 PCB 1.x
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 02/13/2003. My processor is 1.65 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache and my new vid card is RADEON 9200 [Display adapter]
I was told to upgrade my MOBO and processor but not sure to what or what to get grrrrrrrrr confussing me on this can anyone help me out here . I am no pc wiz so plz use easy terms. Thanks in advance :confused:

Well you could upgrade your video card to a Radeon 9600XT or a Radeon 9800Pro, that would give you a very nice performance increase. If you still feel that you need a system overhaul, have a look at the different system configurations offered in this thread -> World of Warcraft: Increasing FPS

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Wow I just upgraded to that one I have maybe a trip to best buy is in the cards *giggles* should I still price a new CPU and MOBO?

Another quick fix would be to get a 2400+ CPU instead of changing the whole system but I am not sure if your motherboard supports that CPU. You can always start with the video card upgrade & change the system further down the line when your budget has recovered from the video card purchase. :)

I checked out the specs for your MoBo on the First Intl Comp web site. From what I can tell you already have about the most advanced CPU the board will support. If you decide to upgrade you would do better to order your new MB and CPU from NewEgg and find a local techie to install it for you. There are alot of them out of work and I am sure that you could find one to do it for a fair price.

okay, i might be out of track, but i'm a fan of ultima online and i played it for a long time on a far slower pc than your's (p2 400 mhz w/ 3dxf voodoo 3 card w/ 16 mb) and it was fine !

my point is, what is your internet connection? cuz it will surely lag if you're on dial up no matter what mobo or cpu you have.

and in case you fixed the problem, let me know what it was ! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back