Upgrading Dimension 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderu1

I am currently trying to upgrade my dell dimension 3000 computer. I am about to put in 2 gigs of ram and am trying to figure out what video card I should use. The computer only has a PCI slot and at max I can spend $100 but would prefer to use less. can someone help me find a suitable video card?

P.S. The video card in it now is at about 94 MB

I am going to use it for college but i also want to be able to play at least Age of Empires with no lag and at best newer games. right now the computer is not able to play the Spore: Creature Creater DEMO.

New games are not playable on PCI cards at all. Spore will work, although you may need an 8500GT PCI for that. Sparkle makes one, and TigerDirect sells it for around $75 I think.

I know this has been a while but i wanted to update what i posted because everything i have been reading has told me that i wont get much of a difference on my graphics. The game I want to play is called Last Chaos and it is a downloaded free MMORPG. My current Graphics card is a intel (r) 82865g graphics controller memory size is 96 MB. I still need a PCI card or a Cheap but better than the PCI cards PCIe card and a PCI to PCIe adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back