Upgrading from EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked

winterwolf1223

I have had this card for a little over 2 years. Now I want to upgrade to something better because I not only game, but hook my computer up to my Sony HDTV for movies and such.
My system Specs:
Intel core i7 960 (3.85 GHz)
18GB RAM (corsair vengeance? forgot)
512GB SSD (OCZ vertex 4)
EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked (want to upgrade?)
650w PSU

I am looking at maybe a EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked or around that price range of $250. I do not want to SLI my 560 because I don't think my PSU can handle it and heat issues.

Any suggestions or advice? Thank you guys in advance you are the greatest!!!!!

The GTX 760 is a good choice. Other option in that price range would be a HD 7950.

Btw playing movies through a TV doesn't warrant an upgrade since it's not GPU intensive. You should see a nice performance bump when playing graphically demanding games though.

AMD announce 9xxx series on the 25th next month. Might be worth waiting as even if you aren't going to buy one of these they might drive 670/760 and 7950 prices down.

AMD announce 9xxx series on the 25th next month. Might be worth waiting as even if you aren't going to buy one of these they might drive 670/760 and 7950 prices down.
I agree, just wait a month for at least the announcement, that's going to be what knocks the whole market around.

I would wait till Maxwell actually. The 560Ti is still a very strong card. I recommend waiting for another die shrink before you upgrade (<1 year away).

You can play all sorts of waiting games, it just depends if you feel the extra performance is worth the cost of the upgrade now.

I can see AMD setting the price very high on the 9970 like they did with the 7970 though, the cards it's competing against (GTX 780, Titan) are very expensive so a release price of $550-600 wouldn't be surprising.

You can play all sorts of waiting games, it just depends if you feel the extra performance is worth the cost of the upgrade now.

I can see AMD setting the price very high on the 9970 like they did with the 7970 though, the cards it's competing against (GTX 780, Titan) are very expensive so a release price of $550-600 wouldn't be surprising.

They are also gonna release a Titan Ultra and a GTX 790, so that will lower the 780 price possibly.

They are also gonna release a Titan Ultra and a GTX 790, so that will lower the 780 price possibly.
I don't think the 780 is going to move much at the release of the 790 or titan ultra personally unless they decide to move all their prices around, based on previous year I might assume at most a 50 dollar change when those come out. The prices will change more once AMD releases theirs as long as the competition is stiff.

I dont get why they still sell the 680 if the 770 can outperform it...
You know, I had a sarcastic response lined up but then I read the price (Which had changed since I last looked).
GTX 680 (Just went by lowest possible price)
GTX 770 (Same as above, lowest price)
The only real difference between the 770 and 680 is the higher memory bandwidth on the 770 and clock speed.
The main reason they still sell the 680 is because people still have GTX 680 setups and might be willing to grab a 680 to make 2 way, 3 way, or even 4 way SLI as opposed to just buying a new card.

You can still get GTX 580's on newegg (Which are complete rip offs on the price btw)
GTX 580
Actually, just noticed this is the last one, a bit ago I checked (I mean like month or 2) they had those EVGA Classified ones for 400, but still at 320 for a GTX 580 that's 2 generations old, that's ridiculous.

True. It seems like they finally stopped selling the GTX480. But I would still take the GTX 770 since it is newer and it has higher clock speeds.

GTX 690 is a better choice, because it gives better perfromance than GTX Titan and GTX 700 series.

Back