Upgrading Intel(R) 82845G Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about upgrading my video card for this online game ive been using. But i am not sure what type of video card should i upgrade it with. The Current video card i have is Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV. I plan on buying my video card at RadioShack or Waltmart and i only have a budget of about $50, so is there any upgrades i can find for this? The memory range i wanna get is 200-500MB of RAM

Hey im not sure what type/model video card i should get for my computer, Can you pelase help me out?

MotherBoard- Dell Computer Corp. Model:0C2425
Graphic Interface- Dosent show up?
Memory- DDR, 256MBytes
CPU- Intel Pentium 4
CPU Speed- 1595.4 MHz
Power Supply Model- MTC2
Watt output/Amperage- Dosent seem to show up

But this is what is listed on it :
V: 115/230
A: 6/03.0A
Hz: 50/60

You will need to be lucky to upgrade the video card for $50 at Radio Schack.
Shop online... www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.newegg.com, www.outpost.com, www.techdepot.com, www.pcconnection.com, www.cdw.com, etc.
You will find a few good deals on these sites. But you will need to know if you need AGP, PCI, or PCI-Express as you shop.
Remember that you cannot improve it a lot without also replacing the power supply.
Maybe it is time to save that $50 toward purchase of a better machine.

How come you don't know the wattage of your PSU? It's always printed on the PSU sticker. In any case, you need a PCI video card. The 3DFuzion 6200 is available for around US$50-60 I think, if you're in the US. The only others at that price are the Geforce FX5200, GeForce FX5500, Radeon 9200 and Radeon 9250 series.

Re:

Ok now my budget it $100, Im now thinking of getting an ATI - RADEON X1050 256MB DDR Graphics Card X1050 256MB PCI Video Card WHich is about $95including tax ans shipping fee. Would this be a good video card to install on my Intel(R) Pentium 4?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Posts merged into this thread and edited accordingly.

We don`t need posts in different threads for the same thing as it just gets confusing. ;)

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

That is a low-end card perfect for casual gaming and media center apps. What do you do on your PC mainly? That would help us recommend an appropriate card for you.

That mosly depends on the quality of your power supply... but I expect it will be a good fit.

No, from what I can tell your PC is a Dimension 2400, which has only PCI slots. So you'll need a PCI video card. An AGP or PCI-E card won't fit in those slots.

ok ive been looking through the internet for PCI Video Cards that fit my budget and expectations, im wodering if a BFG 3DFuzion GeForce 256MB PCI Video Card (FX5500) would work on my Intel Pentium 4 ( dell dimension 2400 )

The Dell Dimension 2400 has a very weak power supply. Be sure to fill it up to the maximum 2 GB of memory. The heat sink has no thermal paste, so be sure that gets added due to the additional heat that will be generated.

The FX5500 is the maximum you can get without endangering your PSU (and the rest of your components if it blows), I think it should work with ur PC, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back