TechSpot

Upgrading Memory Failure HP G42-365LA Notebook

By Juno_mx
Oct 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Recently I was doing a research about a memory update for my G42-365LA Notebook, and in many websites, including the Netbook User’s Manual, I found that this Notebook could be upgraded up to 8 Gb of memory. So I bought two RAM memories of 4 Gb each one (SoDIMM DDR3 PC3-10600 @ 1333 MHz) according to researched specifications. But the thing is that when I installed them I couldn't enter into the OS, it sent me to the Windows Error Recovery window directly, and whichever option I choose it reboots and it keeps doing that. Well, I tried installing just one memory alone and the result is different, it came up with the BSOD giving me different errors each time I reboot the Netbook. These errors are:

BAD_POOL_HEADER
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I’ve tried to reinstall the OS with memories installed, but the result is the same

My Notebook is a HP G42-365LA; Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1; Intel Core i3 CPU M 370 @2.4 GHz

I don't know if I was cheated by the manufacturer website and/or the others websites, that's why I need your help.

P.S. When I installed just one memory module, I can see The Windows intro logo, but just for two seconds or so. And I tried to install "Ubuntu 12.04 desktop amd x64" with just one 4 Gb memory module inserted and everything was good, but it wasn't with the two cards installed.

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,852   +184

One of the stick of ram maybe bad. Try them each one at a time.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.