Upgrading my Gateway TabletPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attend a college where they supply gateway tablet pc's to their students and allow them to buy them for cheap every 2 years.. I want to upgrade it so i can play the newer games (WoW, Guild Wars, and basically any new game that requires a good vid card) but these computers basically came ready to study, i.e. almost nonexistant video card. Can a laptop like this be upgraded enough? I can list my current specs..

CPU: Pentium M 1.4 ghz
Ram: 502.4 mb
Video card: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (Intel(R) 82852/82855 Graphics Controller)
Direct X version 9.0c

I really wanna be able to play guild wars without problems and also would like to check out the newer games.. Can this machine be improved enough? I would be willing to spend up to around $500 on this computer i suppose. Thank you for any help.

laptops are tough to upgrade and usually more expensive than desktop parts. Looks like your biggest limit is the videocard, which unless you have a MxM pci-e slot on the laptop you will not be able to upgrade. Technically the most you could change would be ram/HD/and processor. you will ahev to check with gateway to see what your motherboard supports.

If you cant upgrade the video card then you are not going to have much luck with guild wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back