Upgrading Ram 4G to 8G L655-S5150

I ordered the 8GB kit from Toshiba gave them my spec. model everything anyone would ask to upgrade memory, They sold me Kingston: KTT-S3BS/4G, Got the parts took out the old memory and installed the new, plugged every thing back in and turned the laptop on and went thru the bios which showed 8192, well great I thought, went through the process, and clicked start windows, nope brought me back to the black screen and I clicked repair went black white line showed up went black and started all over again, I reinstalled memory that came with the laptop and here we are I'm using it now, How can I upgrade what did I do wrong. oh yes I did go to msconfig clicked boot and so on and unchecked the box(it was unchecked anyways). Please Help I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium

We need to see your Toshiba laptop model. If you can link us to the Toshiba website for your particular model we can look at the the manual and read the hardware specs. This will help us help you. OR give us your laptop's model number.

Thought this might help, Just a Thought.

Satellite L655 Detailed Product Specification1

Model Name: L655-S5150 Part Number: PSK2CU-0K101S UPC: 883974684847

Operating System C1 2

 Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor3 and Graphics4

 Intel® Pentium® P6200 Processor

o 2.13 GHz, 3MB Cache

 Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

 Mobile Intel® HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated

shared graphics memory

Memory5

 Configured with 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (max 8GB)

 2 memory slots. Both slots occupied.

Storage Drive6

 320GB (5400 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive

I looked up the RAM they gave you and did several searches online as well as read the manual for your system. First, Kingston makes great RAM so it is a good choice. Second, your RAM certainly meets all the specifications.

In my research it seems there are those who have experienced issues upgrading from 4 gigs to 8. The BIOS would read 8192 but when they went to load or install Windows they couldn't complete the process.

My first suggestion is to try your new RAM again but make extra certain that each stick is firmly set in place. What are the results?

If this continues contact Toshiba and tell them you want your money back OR have the fix this issue free of charge.

One other piece of advice that will save you money in the future: Laptop manufactures charge so much more for memory upgrades (and any parts for that matter). They usually have this gimmick of warning consumers to buy only genuine parts from them. I have used Kingston for Toshiba laptop upgrades but I certainly didn't purchase it from them; rather I went through NewEgg.com and saved a good deal of money.

* Get back to us with your results.

We need to see your Toshiba laptop model. If you can link us to the Toshiba website for your particular model we can look at the the manual and read the hardware specs. This will help us help you. OR give us your laptop's model number.
I have Just found out through tech support at Kingston that they know longer make or support memory for my laptop and that Toshiba knew of this and should not have sold this. well its going back, I have a question for you.
Can you please find me memory upgrade that will be compatible with the link and I will be buy it and be happy, Please

First, I want to congratulate you on researching this matter with Kingston and you are 100% correct: Toshiba should have never sold this to you knowing it would not work. Kingston is a reputable company.

Second, go to this website http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/?cm_m...-null&ef_id=VZgruwAABAdzi9kY:20150817223721:s and do the Advisory Tool or let them do a scan for you. This is completely safe to do and Crucial, like Kingston, makes great memory and like Kingston I have used their memory over the years.

Third, once you find out if Crucial can meet your needs DON'T buy directly from them but go to Newegg.com (the #1 place in the U.S. for parts) and purchase the same memory from them; it will cost less.

If Crucial can't help get back to us.

Back