Upgrading to XP from 2000, Missing system file

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSilver

I'm trying to upgrade Windows 2000 Pro to XP Pro, and before the core installation begins (while it's initializing/copying the setup files, right before it should ask me to restart to continue) and I get either one of two missing file errors: a4ugor1w.sys or axkqqb6v.sys. I've skipped it, continued with the restart, won't let me continue. I've checked my other two computers, one running 2k the other XP, neither of them have the file. I've repaired my 2000 Pro installation via emergency repair disk. I've googled the filename and NO results. I tried to reinstall Windows 2000 Pro, and got the same problem. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Josh

Attachments

• scrnsht.jpg
    scrnsht.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5
Like you, I can`t find any info for either of those files. That makes me think your system may be infected with malware.

I suggest you go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the quick response! I'm following the directions right now and I'll keep the thread updated with my results!

Nothing nasty there, but I`d still like to see the rest of the log files. plus the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Just finished the Panda scan, updated beforehand and rebooted as told. No rootkits found.

Attached is the logfile of ComboFix...

I can`t see anything there that would cause your problem.

I`m starting to think your best bet would be to backup your important data and reformat, then reinstall.

The only other suggestion I have, is to disconnect all but your essential hardware and try the upgrade again.

Yeah that's what i'm gonna do. I still think it's weird that i can't even google the filenames, though. Ah well, thx anyway.

BTW, having 2 HDDs makes reformatting a WHOLE lot easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back