UPS no longer charges

By OneZ
Oct 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    About 1 year ago i bought UPS ( Discovery ), it has three outputs ( 220v - 3.6A ) and the input is 220-240v - 6A max.
    Anyway, i have my PC, screen, router and surround system connected to it. AT first, when electricity goes down, the UPS used to give me around 5 mins of electricity which is more than enough to save work and turn off PC, but about 2 months ago it stopped charging for some reason, and now when electricity goes down, the UPS immediately shut down. I disconnected everything from it and let it charge for more than 48 hours but it didn't work.

What would be the problem ?

2. pjamme

pjamme TS Enthusiast Posts: 208

We have about 100 or more APC's here 110v and the batteries normally sound an alarm when they go bad (anywhere from 1 to 2 Years). Our server batteries last considerably longer and of course are more expensive.
    Does the Discovery have that ability?
    battery replacements run from $30 to 70 depending on size.
  3. OneZ

OneZ TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 66

Usually when electricity goes down, the PC works on the battery and it starts sounding an alarm until i shut it off ( after i shut down my PC ofc ), but now when electricity goes down the UPS immediately shut down.
  4. jaydeee

jaydeee Banned Posts: 21

Battery is the most common culprit for UPS.
    if you have voltmeter try testing your battery and you'll know.

good luck.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

your battery is dead. replace it.