UPS & Surge Protection

cookiedude

Hi All

We've recently had a few power outages at work (lots of construction work taking place locally) and currently only have surge protectors for our individual PCs. I am now looking into getting some form of UPS that could replace our surge protection power strips in order to avoid any lasting damage from these outages. We currently have 10 workstations (all mid-high end PCs for 3D rendering/animation duties) and would need a minimum of 2 UPS power sockets per machine. I am a little unfamiliar with the world of UPS, so looking for some advice on what options are available? Would I need a single UPS for each machine or can I get a power strip with UPS built-in? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Great, thanks. What sort of power rating (Watts) should I look to get? All of our PCs have a minimum of 600W PSUs. Should the UPS be rated the same or can I get away with lower?

Not really sure since I dont hook my PC up to one, but I would say get the same rating just to be safe. Anyways, if you have a power outage, the UPC should be used to safely save any work and shut down.

Yep, that's exactly what I want them for, as I doubt the battery would last long with a full workstation drawing power from them. Thanks for your help.

Yep, that's exactly what I want them for, as I doubt the battery would last long with a full workstation drawing power from them. Thanks for your help.

No problem, sorry I didnt know the answer to your question before, I dont really use them often :). Tell me how you like them.

Back