Uptime

vassil3427

Sounds like good name for a movie huh?(Uptime..)
Actually I was just wondering how long your systems are up before they need to be restarted...I'm mainly aiming at people who run Windows XP Home or Pro.

My system can only be up for a max of 3 days and then funky stuff starts happening...Audio will act up...get a strange error...always something after a few days....:blackeye:

There is a thread about this somewhere on the forums.

I've gone as long as a couple of months without a reboot, but usually I reboot once a week or so. Running XP Pro SP1

I can get by without ever restarting but I have to because I update drivers and install games.

But yes, my computer is so reliable, it can go on forever without giving any sign of weakness ;)

XP Pro here. I've had it up for b/w one and two weeks with no noticeable problems. i usually end up rebooting after a week or shutting it down for a night for any number of reasons. only thing i'd say is make sure you have a memory manager installed as over that much time some memory leaks are gonna happen and i end up needing to free that memory back up.
-Krugger

Used to be several weeks without a hitch (on 2k), but now I'm being pestered with the d**n "\system32\config\system" has been corrupted. Windows need to restart... If this problem persist, please contact your system administrator...

It has to do with the registry hive becoming too large, but dunno how to cure it of it... (Usually seems to happen when I don't run as many programs (2-5) as I usually do (10-12))...

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
It has to do with the registry hive becoming too large, but dunno how to cure it of it...
You can set the maximum registry size from the same window as pagefile size - but I don't know if that will cure it.

From what I've read it doesn't help, as the problem starts when windows is dumping the reg to disk...

But I'm dualbooting with w98, so I just drop by w98 and copy the system.alt to system and everything works as it should... :)

Back