Urgent Help Needed! Direct X Prob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my PCI Geforce 4 MX 440 64mb replace my onboard vid card that came with my emachine PC which was a 3D Intel Extreme Graphics card. I have all my drivers updated and chipsets plus latest direct x (9.0b).Now i get Direct X problems and i can't play games! I opened up Dxdiag and got these errors were i get out of memory or error code. DirectDraw works perfecty and i passed all tests except for Direct3D fails, and games don't work cuz of that. I went to start/control panel/system/hardware/Device manager and i saw that it had a question mark with an exclamation over the Video controller (VGA adapter) and it's on enabled mode, not disabled and i know this is bad. The drivers were deleted from the old vid card and the new Nvidia ones were installed.

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

Should i reinstall the old ones by clicking on the reinstall driver button or am i doing something bad?
:confused:

Thank you so much, i hope this forum can help me out cuz other Tech ones didn't at all.:mad:

(IMO) get into your BIOS and make sure the Onboard grafics are disabled or set "primary display" to PCI. other than that im not sure how to Revert to DX8.X. I once had a problem with my Geforce4 MX 400 not liking DX9.0, i didnt know anybetter but to re-install windows to get the bare minimum DX version back then upgrade to 8.1,,now thare is Programs to change DX versions you have.
By the way was your old Grafics like a "COM" port (onboard) or was it for sure a add-in card? If it was an onboard grafics set up dont load the old drivers cause it will load "Intel" drivers, that will give you a hole nother set of problems since you said you now have a nVidia MX-440 card in there. Thats my take on things most likely a Tech Guru will shine a little more lite on things for ya.

good luck to ya

Use Add/Remove Hardware in your Control Panel. Select Uninstall Hardware, click on the "Show hidden devices" and check for all devices pertaining to your old graphics, and remove them.

Ok thanks guys, i'm gonna try these and hope it doesn't screw up my PC. Btw, how do you get into the BIOS? Before you enter windows? If so, how?

Quote: "By the way was your old Grafics like a "COM" port (onboard) or was it for sure a add-in card? If it was an onboard grafics set up dont load the old drivers cause it will load "Intel" drivers, that will give you a hole nother set of problems since you said you now have a nVidia MX-440 card in there."

It was onboard, came with the PC, i'm very sure, so i shouldn't reinstall the old ones right? Just I will disable the damn thing and delete every piece of crap about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back