Urgent Help required - Windows VIsta

By pcrepairs247
Feb 9, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys, am selling this computer on ebay. and the auction ends 2mrw. I have installed vista on the new system.

1 gig ram
    2.66 pentium D
    160gb
    asrock 775i945GZ mobo
    onboard graphics intel GMA 945/950

I cant install kasperksy antivirus, or any other antiviruses.

call of duty uo wont play, and it runs perfect on this system with xp
    gta 3 runs fine for 20 secs then screen goes black, then resumes.

the windows system itself is running fine, browsing, and watching movies.

So call of duty uo......

when i start it, i run it in lowest possible graphic settings, the intro videos run slow, and the sound is glitchy.

then when i finally get to start a enw game, as soon as it loads, it lasts about 2 seconds then it gives error message saying delete 5mb to play it.

I have 120gig free!!

When i went to install the onboard graphic drivers they wer already on, and said the version i had wer older, so vista has new ones. could thsi be the problem?

can any one help :S??

I have till 11am GMT to fix this problem, or i will get a negative feedback :(
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher Newcomer, in training Posts: 540

hi pcrepairs. you are not going to be able to fix all of these problems in one shot. i can help you with a few though.

antivirus: you will need to download the VISTA-Compatible versions of these programs. most of the major companies have already released them, such as avg and kaspersky.

call of duty 2: you need a good video card to run this game. onboard video will not cut it.
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Lots of programs don't work on Vista yet - get used to it. This is especially true if you're using the 64-bit verison.

Either put XP on it or pray that updates get released that fix your problems. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.