Urgent OS Win98 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindObject

So I finally got my Win98 disk to install, and everything is good except for 2 files.

VNETBIOS.VXD and RASAPI32.DLL or something.

Because of those files I cant get online. Now, I got both files onto a hard drive so i can put them in the right place but there's problems

1. the .vxd file doesnt show.

The other one shows, but it's a program, the program runs, but its bigger than my screens resolution. And I cant move the window so I can see the "Start Scan" button. Is there ayway I can get the vxd file in the right place and move or make the programs window smaller so i can see the start button?

The program is called "RegCure".I need it to fix my registry on the Win98 computer. The vxd file is for me to access the "Internet Setup". It wont let me because it's missing.

Also, is there anyway I can install Win98 with out any files missing?

Or even better, does anybody know a good Linux OS that can easily connect to the internet?

machine:

P2 400mhz
320MB RAM
100mhz FBS
CD-ROM x52
Floppy Drive
10GB hard drive and 4 GB hard drive.

look at http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1969.html for your vnetbios problem, but this has to do with perr-to-peer networking.

Your other problem is known to microsoft - go http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174579 if that helps. If you just need a bigger screen because you cannot see all of it, then you are probably running windows at 640 wide. Right click your desktop and click properties/settings and move the slider to something like 1024x768. If the slider won't move, you have not installed a proper driver for your video hardware. Even so, you can always move a window by right-clicking it and choose 'move'. Then the arrow keys move it and also cause it to 'stick' to your mouse so you can move it freely.

by the way, it pays to learn how to google - I turned up both these links in less than 5 seconds....

I got those already, but I want personal experiences. I cant get the slider to move...and I cant move the window up...just left, right and down..not up which is the one I need. I did search it alot...but it's not very detailed. Thanks for the help!

NVM, I give up on 98. Next: Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back