Urgent Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - Sorry for my 1st post being a cry for help, but I'm having a really bad problem with my computer, which I need to get sorted quickly for my vide editing purposes.

Yesterday evening, I was replying to an email from a mate when my computer decided to restart all by itself. I thought nothing of it , then it started back up again, I logged on to Windows XP and checked to make sure my reply had succesfully sent. Then my computer restarted all by itself again. I decided to then switch off and go back to it in the morning, but just as I was going to bed, even though it was switched off, a noise like a car starting up came from the computer. then the "power on" button and the "loading buttons started flashing and a continious beeping sound followed. I tried to press the "power off" button, but it would not turn off so I then switched the computer off at the switch on the wall. I woke up in the morning and decided to go back to it, I switched it on and it did the same again with the beeping and the flashing lights. (while all this is happening there is no image on the monitor.

I then switched off at the wall again and about 15 minutes later tried again and when I push the "power on" button nothing happens, but then if you wait 5 minutes the fan begins to run and the lights flash and then the lights stop flashing, the fan still runs and a few seconds later it all stops ( again while all this is happening there is no image on the monitor)

I hope someone can help, as I have never had a problem like this before with a machine.

The computes is.......wait for it.......an Emachines (read alot about these on the forums) its an Emachines 770 UK and I;ve had it for about 3 years, no problems like this have ever occured before.

Can anyone tell me what the source/ or the problem is. Is it virus trouble ? or has something gone wrong within the computer unit.

Once again I apologise for my first post being a cry for help, but I hope someone can help. And sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Cheers

Sounds like your PC is haunted LOL.

You could try to find out what the beeping sound means. Each motherboard has different beeping sound to mean different faults. The only other thing I could suggest is to try a new PSU. Other than that I dont no. Never heard of a problem like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back