Urgently Need Help With Internet/networking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all sorry for the caps abouve but need to get this sorted asap.

ok im going to explain the problem, and it is a rly strange one as ive tried everything i know of to try and fix it and have got to my wits end trying so im asking for help here.

ok i have 4 computers in my house: Main Computer
My Computer upstairs
Laptop A
Laptop B

Ok Main computer is connected to a US Robotics Wireless Router Model 9106
Then the other 3 computers are conected via wireless

There is no problem with the wireless or the Internet

But the only computer that has access to ALL the internet is Laptop B (the one im on atm typing this) when i say ALL internet i mean ALL websites,Online Games, MSN etc.

All the others can access pages like Google, Google Videos which requires internet to download and buffer videos so this proves that it is NOT a internet conneciton problem, and other random sites such as www.gameplay.com, www.purepwnage.com, www.dvd.co.uk.

BUT NOT sites like ebay,amazon, worldofwarcraft.com and others.

So this proves as i said there isnt a problem with the acutal internet. or is it?

the only computer that has FULL access is this laptop. FULL meaning can get onto world of warcraft, counterstrike,msn etc.

BUT the others cant :S its a really werid problem as yesterday it was all working fine as anything but today all the computers apart from this one have lost connectivity to certain sites and the abilty to get onto games/msn. BUT CAN still get onto google video and buffer videos (which requires internet)

So my question is. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS GOING ON?

all computers are windows XP HOME and have all worked on the network/internet for ages (3-4 years) without any problems so its so weird

ask any questions if u have them. and please...

HELP ME ;p

"can't" means what? Can you ping the sites in question? How about using a better (alternative) browser?

All the sites you cannot access are all using HTTPS maybe?

Could it be that these three machines have been infected with some malware (spreading over your LAN :) )?

Are you sure you or someone else hasn't been playing around with the router settings? You did change the default password, right?

cant means cant load up the sites and cant load up online games,msn,update programs etc.

and yes ive changed the password of the gateway and its not the browsers becasue it cant get onto msn or steam (counterstrike) or world of warcraft which would mean its not a browser issue wouldnt it?

How do you know that Steam or WoW don't use some IE backend? Is it so hard to try different stuff? Like ping? Please?

I tried firefox on the comps but no success

i also ran a traceroute and pinged the servers for wow with success. this was on this laptop tho (the one what works) would that make a difference? i rly dont see how i can get onto wow on this one but not the others :S

see basic networking on this site.

any problems found are clearly NOT browser related and your network needs
investigation.

once that all works, the question becomes;
1) any blacklist from your firewall
2) sites blocked by your ISP
3) ipaddresses/ports controlled by your AV program(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back