US Army suicide rate hits 26-year high in 2006

By ravisunny2
Aug 16, 2007

2. hynesy

hynesy TS Maniac Posts: 389

I don't know about some people, but I am not at all surprised about higher suicide rates in the army, it simply stands to reason. It is not normal to kill a human being, so why shouldn't those who have be effected on one level or another.
  3. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

I'm not surprised either. Imagine losing friends and being stuck in some **** up place for a time seeming like forever.
  4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

I'm not surprised either, my teach during summer school was in Vietnam and he told us about it, he said he remembers seeing his friend getting blown to a wall and lost his foot by a grenade...
  5. hynesy

Ouch, I can't imagine anything worse then preparing for war, not knowing for sure if you will come back in one piece is at all. I would only join the army to defend my country, I would not join the army to be shipped to iraq or iran.
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

your point?

Combat stress and dear Johnny/Jane letters can be a real mother....

Most of these guys are grunts....

To Hynesy: We are defending our country there, so we don't have to defend it at home.

Want to help a servicemember? Encourage others to enlist.
  7. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 1,971   +10

Facts can be stranger than fiction.
  8. CrustyOldGeezer

CrustyOldGeezer TS Rookie Posts: 24

Lemmesee here now.

The majority leader of the senate, most of the democrats in both houses are claiming defeat, trying to work out the terms of surrender, and y'all think that isn't depressing to the troops?

You want to help the troops, call your congress critter and tell it that The military is not losing, but congress is.
  9. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

too bad the facts are true, otherwise your statement would mean something.
  10. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 388

I have 2 questions for yall vets

1. How long will the US troops will be staying in Iraq? even after the 08 election?

2. Was the Iraq invasion worst it even with all the misleading WMD-no Al-Qaeda link with Saddam info? please explain why.
  11. CrustyOldGeezer

Well, part one:
    We still have troops all over Western Europe, left overs from WWII.
    We still have troops in a rather large percentage of Asian countries, left over from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

Part Two.

The fact that the US media outlets do not report WMDs does not mean that they did not exist, nor were ever found.
    Sadam used WMDs on various occasions during his conflicts with Iran, and supression of the Kurdish population in the North.
    Hundreds of artillery shells containing assorted gasses were found and destroyed, but NOT REPORTED by the US media. They were however, reported on by European news agencies.

One of the really good things about the internet is the access to information that some people would prefer the masses never find out about. ie: an ignorant population is much easier to control and lead around by the nose.

Now, do you really believe anything that Murtha, Kerry, Durbin, or anybody else that has accused the members on the military of rape, murder, etc in Iraq ?
  12. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 388

well heres a few I remember seeing it on the News.

U.S soldiers taking turn raping a 14 year old Iraqi girl than killing her and her whole family. They got their sentence

U.s Soldiers being charge for killing unarmed civilian in Iraq

As for the gas that killed the kurd.. my question is who provided Saddam those weapons? and why did Saddam need to kill those kurds? didn't he has his reason? was it bad or for the good in the end and please explain why?
  13. hynesy

Tedster, I was talking from an Australian point of view not an American, but your point still remains valid.
  14. BlameCanada

BlameCanada TS Rookie Posts: 320

This thread is walking into a minefield ;)
  15. CrustyOldGeezer

It's a political fact that some people believe everything the US media shoves down their throat.

This board is not the place for this kind of garbage.
  16. hynesy

Anyone who believes what the media says without suspicion whether they are a doctor, lawyer or garbage truck driver are not intelligent. My brother is a professional sports player here in Australia, and jsut what the papers right about sport is so far off bas that it is ridiculous. Yet alone war and political news that the government has an interest to change.
    Hynesy :wave:
  17. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Closed. Should have been deleted when it was posted, 95% of you know that these threads never end well around here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.