TechSpot

US Navy creates game to help solve real-world problems, fight pirates

By Emil
May 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The US Navy has announced a new video game: the Massive Multiplayer Online War Game Leveraging the Internet (MMOWGLI). Developed by the Office of Naval Research (ONR), the large-scale gameā€¦

Read the whole story

2. r3dark

r3dark TS Rookie Posts: 50

yea cant w8

i cant w8 for the release date! xD! i signed up for it a while ago...

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Sweet! Since i'm in the UK, am I allowed to sign up for it? and if so, where?

4. Vegasplaya

Vegasplaya TS Rookie Posts: 16

It seems like a very promising and developmental game, but it doesn't seem too soon to ask for a screenshot or some other view of the game itself.
    I'd like to see the interface and graphics...

5. r3dark

atm is for ppl in the navy and department of defence, they may ask gamers to join and help out at a later date ill let you know if i hear anything else.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Cheers, sounds quite promising :)

7. Seems Good...but....thay Thing comes from US and The Navy...so that means War and Control...this game its another step to control the humand kind (no conspiracy Theory bcuz this really looks like that)...They will use it for good things and all the other things.

8. I'm wondering if there will be a side project named "BBALOO"

9. I get to live my real life, ( NAVY not Pirate), in a game, very surreal.. This better be a game worthy of people they plan to portray..

10. r3dark

i you want to get some real experience why not join the navy, its where i got my 3, and 1/2 years of experience. besides this is going to be used as a training tool for people in the us navy anyway. nothing beats OJT (on the job training). not to say that i still get sea sick on boats though...

11. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 958   +49

You know I was wondering the same thing after I realized what the acronym sounded like.

12. r3dark

13. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

As long as you promise not to give letters of marque to the pirates and set them off against Spanish shipping.

14. "get to live my real life, ( NAVY not Pirate), in a game, very surreal.. This better be a game worthy of people they plan to portray.."

So you should be able to swab decks, hot bunk, and have same-sex marriages in game?

15. Whoaman

Whoaman TS Rookie Posts: 71

How would the American elite make any money without a war?

No more Bin laden?
    No problem!
    Impoverished Somali pirates are the new great evil (joining ancient harmless beneficial plant called cannabis).

Gump said it best.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.