USB 2.0 not functioning properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a SOHOUSB 2.0 PCI card yesterday, installed it to my XP with the provided drivers, and attached my mp3 player into it to take some music across. In the past, using my 1.1, I'd been getting a message letting me know that my high-speed USB device is plugged into a low-speed USB hub. I'm still getting this message, and we're still functioning at 1.1 speeds. Can anyone think why this might be?

Cheers
Scott

Welcome to TechSpot Forums!

What motherboard are you using? Also, I'm trying to find some info on the manufacturer of the card but can't. Do you have a support url for them?

You wouldn't happen to have a multiple port USB hub hooked up?

The device in question is connected directly into USB port??

Originally posted by Easy_Target
You wouldn't happen to have a multiple port USB hub hooked up?

The device in question is connected directly into USB port??

Man, I missed that one. I've got that same issue at home....coming out of a 1.1 hub....been meaning to pick up a 2.0 variety.

Could be it.....nice catch if true ET.

Thanks for the advice, folks.

The mention of 'hub' is a bit misleading, as it's just part of the message that comes up when I plug a device in directly to the PCI I installed.

This is as much web info as I could find (!)

http://www.firmatops.com/USB_PCI_2Port.html

The shop I bought it from assured me it was USB 2.0, but compliant with 1.1, as it says here. Personally, I still think I've been sold the wrong product!

Cheers
Scott

Bring that card back, you have been sold ONLY usb 1.1. It looks like some obscure company in Macau is trying to sell off obsolete equipment.
Look for the likes of Novatech or Belkin or Tekram etc.

ok, after an evening downloading xp sp1 and via's most up-to-date drivers, and still no success, i fully agree, realblackstuff.

back to the shop forthwith, and thanks again!

I have bought one of these SOHOUSB 2.0 PCI cards too.
How do I know if it is running faster or not - where do I go to see such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back