USB 3.0 Problems

ingeborgdot

I have been having quite a few issues with the motherboard I have from ASRock. It is the Z87 Extreme4. My issue is the usb 3.0 No matter what I plug in it says this device can perform faster than this blah blah blah. Anyway, that should not be happening as I am plugging in usb 3.0 devices. What is going on? The other problem is that my front ports that are from the mobod header will no longer recognize any of my external 2.5 hdd. 1 on the back also says this so I am limited to just 3 ports on the back that I can plug into with my external hdd and they are very important to what I do. Is anyone familiar with this? Is this only on this board or a common thing among ASRock? I have other computers and the usb 3.0 works just great.

Have u Installed the drivers? I do not know any thing about ASRock but lots of USB3 have to have the drivers.

Yes I did but I must have uninstalled the wrong one too because I could not use any usb ports after that and I had to use a legacy keyboard to enter. No mouse was tough and it took me over 2 hours to get them reinstalled again.

Back