USB 5.1 Headphones Static Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOAD

After recently purchasing a pair of 5.1 surround usb headphones ( i realise people don't like usb headphones but they were a good solution) i have come across a minor problem.

Although the surround sound is great, the problem is when no sound is played quiet static can be heard. This problem doesnt stop me from using the headphones, as when gaming or whatever it can't be heard.

I have researched and found many possible reasons. One of them is that it is static in the case, and seeing as they were cheapish headphones i think this could be the reason as i doubt the cabling is shielded. Another reason for me to think this is the static gets worse/louder when i move the usb mouse (which is in the usb port next to the headphones), or when the hard drive is working giving the impression that it is something to do with the electricity flowing in the case.

The headset mic on the headphones also makes a louder static sound when i enable the mic, but if i disable the mic completly it leaves me with only the quiet and bearable static of the headphones.

A possible solution if this is indeed the cause of the problem would be to get a usb bus with its own power supply, rather than it drawing power from the pc. Would this actually solve the problem?

(sorry for long post)

hmm.. i have same problem with my speakers, not headphones. I would like to hear a solution for it too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back