USB Controller device problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

etherga

I had to format/reinstall windows last night. Installation went fine, now I dont have any USB support. I installed the drivers for my logitech mouse thinking that would fix the problem but it hasnt. The mouse lights up when the comp boots up because i enabled USB devices in BIOS for bootup. However, when windows begins loading its drivers the mouse turns off and i cant use it. Any thoughts? I cant seem to find the right driver for the controller

what version of wondows are you using? if it is XP then you need at least SP1 for USB 2.0 support without having to download the usb drivers from MS.

win xp home version 2002
it doesnt say its SP1, however. unfortunately i'm on my home comp which only has 56k conn. at my apartment i hvae dsl, ill have to dl it then i suppose?

if itis not at laest SP1 then that is the reason you dont have USB 2.0 support. did yu load the Motherboard drivers aftewr installing windows? your Mobo driver disk should either have the USB 2.0 drivers on it or a link to MS to download them.

iss said:
if itis not at laest SP1 then that is the reason you dont have USB 2.0 support. did yu load the Motherboard drivers aftewr installing windows? your Mobo driver disk should either have the USB 2.0 drivers on it or a link to MS to download them.

I left my mobo disc back home, gonna try to dl the drivers off of msi site. ill post with updates

Woot! i have a mouse! Downloaded/installed SP1 first to see if that would be an easy remedy and it worked! man, after not havin a mouse for 7 hours its nice to have it back again :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back