USB device help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemailey

i installed new motherboard.

Had some stranger problems with USB devices.

2 nights my USB keyboard stopped working after unplugging it and pluging it in again for about 30mins it started working again.

Last night My MP3 Player when plugged in came up as not regconized or malfunctioned.(first time ever)

Happened for a while. Never worked last night. at all.
I was wondering if it is because i installed new board with out installing windows again(had serveral different problems with windows since)

Anyone had any weird problems like that. MP3 player was working at the weekend/start of the week. I forgot to take it to work this morning to test it Doh!

joemailey said:
I was wondering if it is because i installed new board with out installing windows again(had serveral different problems with windows since)

Can you clarify what you mean here? Was the new board identical to your old one? Same make/model (and bios version)?

If not, you are lucky that you were able to boot up at all! :giddy:

If it is a different motherboard, you should probably do a fresh instal of windows. I'd imagine you are getting all kinds of wonky problems. Maybe a "repair" would fix you up, but if it were me, I'd go for a complete overhaul.

If it is the same make/model motherboard, then perhaps it is just the bios version is different, and you can do a bios update.

its different board all together did have abit AI7 it failed :-(

ASRock i'm using now.(cant remember exact model)
Cheap board but seems alot better than abit. also keeps my processor at lower temp. by like 10*C lol

Had quite few problems managed to fix but you no the drill still get old files corrupting newer files and stuff(repairs have been done few times). i suppose i'll just go for new install. when i get home from.

just the fact so much stuff tht i can't be bothered to reinstall, ftp account for webspace n game server etc. email accounts :^) puts u of a reinstall.

but i guess no other option.

Maybe you should leave everything as is.

It is actually a miracle that your system is working. Strictly from a computer lover's standpoint, I am in awe of your system. Ahhhh, the beauty!

Alright, in all seriousness, it is amazing your system is running at all. I'd be interested in knowing what the chipsets are on the two boards.

Anyways, yes. You need to at least do a "repair" windows to get the right drivers in there, but I'd go for the full install.

One has an intel chipset, the other is an SIS chipset.

You have to be kidding.

You bought the new motherboard, plugged all your old parts into it, turned it on and it worked?

Insane.

yea it worked lol and booted up extremly fast to lol.

has been working for about 2-3weeks lol

CPU temp is lower.
FPS in online games is better
Video cards is better
everything is better

Did you install the proper drivers? If doing a motherboard replacement, I believe you should reinstall ALL of the peripheral device drivers (keyboard[if has more function keys] mouse, monitor, etc.). If you have service pack 2, then USB should be fine (unless there are motherboard drivers you didn't install).

The motherboard is like the floor in your house so I guess you can't replace it easily. If your information is really important to you, backup all of your files on a cd/dvd, external harddrive, or another type of external storage and continue with reinstalling Windows. You can also try troubleshooting without the reinstall, but if your computer is fast enough, a reinstall should take less than 3-5 hours(?) including adding your files to the pc.

I've never replaced a motherboard so I can't fully comprehend the problems you are facing. I plan on doing this as my first upgrade though.. so I can make a new thread when that happens... but good luck with your system, and I hope this helped somehow lol

i reinstalled windows. lol reinstall of windows take me 3hrs max m8 less even.

takes bout 30mins to install xp. the rest of the time is jus remembering the programs i need to use.

all been sorted mp3 player still didnt work after reinstall to i cleared bios :|

now we work as happy as larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back