Usb Device Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
My printer keeps on goin off line when i print to my second printer and does go online when i wanna print back to it,nothing happens, so i re-enabled it to online and nothing.So i uninstalled it, deleted the printer, restarted,shut down, restarted and re-installed the software, get to the point "please connect printer" and i do, get the error bubble, " usb device not recognized"
i have got new drivers. Is the problem with the usb root hub's on the mobo? or something else.

What is the brand and model of the printer. This series of errors is a known, and common problem, with HP officejet and multifunction printers. If it is one of the many bad models, you have no chance of fixing it without replacing the system board of the printer. Easier to buy a new one.
Problem is also common in some Canon and Lexmark multifunction printers.

That is one of the common failure models, where the USB stops working. HP has some fixes on line that fix a few, but not all, of their units.... Check for driver downloads with dates more recent than your printer was built.
We see huge numbers of this printer, which was commonly sold at Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Circuit city.
Obviously, HP is having major problems with USB failures... we see them everyday. In most cases they are dead, because replacing the system board costs nearly as much as buying a new one.
Go to any Salvation Army store and talk to their techs about the numbers of that useless model being donated by their owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back