USB Drive filesystem changed to RAW

By qaazaa
Oct 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Usb Drive Error!!! Need Help Please!!!

Hello, i have a problem on my usb drive... I saw a Post here in TechSpot about this problem but it doesnt work... THe file system of my Usb drive changed to Raw... I tried to format it but it says its WRITE PROTECTED... Any Softwares I used doesnt work... can anyone please help me. How can i remove the write protection of my usb drive? there is no switch on it... Please Help!
  2. qaazaa

qaazaa Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Usb Drive Error!!! Need Help Please!!!

Hello, i have a problem on my usb drive... I saw a Post here in TechSpot about this problem but it doesnt work... THe file system of my Usb drive changed to Raw... I tried to format it but it says its WRITE PROTECTED... Any Softwares I used doesnt work... can anyone please help me. How can i remove the write protection of my usb drive? there is no switch on it... Please Help!
  3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

How did you try formatting it? did you go thru administrative Tools\computer management\diskmanagement? or just right click on the drive in my computer?
  4. qaazaa

i tried both of the things you said..
  5. iss

Who is the maker of the flash drive? and are you certain there is no switch on it? the switches are so tiny on some models they are easy to miss.
  6. qaazaa

im sure of it... its panram crystal bar..(128mb)
  7. iss

While researching your problem I found that some manufacturer's have stated that when the drive does as you say your is. it is a sign that the drive has failed. is yours still under warranty?
  8. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

you mean one of those sticks with sram on it? in that case you're probably experience the effects of static shock, which is fairly common and wipes out these so called keyring drives.
  9. qaazaa

wat? i dont think so.. the company said it maybe a hardware problem.
  10. qaazaa

i dont know. cant remember. do you have any solutions? any utilities? do you think that i can remove its write protection?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.