USB drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

arieas

I recently got the Sony Ericsson V630i and tried to use the USB cable supplied to transfer files from PC to phone and vice versa.
I did exactly as it said in the manual but windows fails to recognise the device a tall. This is not covered in the manual or any other FAQ, knowledge base on the site.
I went into device driver and it shows as unknown, it shows a message in the troubleshoot area, no drivers are installed for this device.
Drivers were supposed to have been installed with the PC suite software from the CD which came with it. Although they weren't.
I tried update hardware wizard, but it shows a message that there are no drivers required to install to match my hardware.
The specs.
PC - Windows XP home
1024 RAM
Phone - Sony Ericsson V630i
USB cable - DCU-60

I have contacted support but they have not given a reply.
There is nothing wrong with the phone, as it can detect its connected. I will try it out on a another computer when I am able to.
Is there anywhere to download such drivers, or get this to work? I'm not so much bothered about using phone mode, but mainly to transfer files via USB. I know about bluetooth but i need help with the USB only.

Hi

Sony and Motorola are famous for not putting the USB drivers for the phone on the disks you get.

I had a T610 and had to search the drivers as well as a motorola, search the sony site for them they are usually listed as Modem Drivers..

Try this link here.
Regards

Wouldnt he still need to get his phone recognised by the OS before using that program Nodsu ? or is it intelligent enough to recognise it without the need for USB drivers...

But you already told him to get the USB drivers from SE or should I prepend all my posts with "I agree with the above"? :)

Nodsu said:
But you already told him to get the USB drivers from SE or should I prepend all my posts with "I agree with the above"? :)

I was asking a question, I wasnt being facetious..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back