USB Flash Drive not detected by XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two USB ports are not being listed in the Computer Management console, maybe this is why my flash drive is not being detected???Any ideas how I get my comp to detect the drive when I put it into the USB Drive, stumped I tells ya

Check in the Device Manager to see if the USB controller drivers are installed. Any yellow exclamation marks next to it? If so, find your motherboard driver CD or go to your motherboard manufacturer for them.

No USD devices

In Computer Mangement there are no USB devices listed even though there are two behind the box.
What are my options??

Hey is anybody still reading this thread???

Hi not sure if yuo're still there but do you have any suggestions or something I should download???

You didn't go to Device Manager. Go to Control Panel > System > click Hardware tab > click Device Manager. Any yellow exclamation marks next to any devices?

Hey no UISB devices in Device Manager

luckily I have another comp here so I know what I am looking for in Device Manager, basically there is NO USB controllers in Device Manager!!! Help?!!

Hi

Failing all the options suggested, try to run a System File Check by keying in the Start > Run 'sfc /scannow' and OK (Get your Wins XP CD ready)

Have a nice day!

Ronnie

antimatter said:
In Computer Mangement there are no USB devices listed even though there are two behind the box.
What are my options??

a bit lost

I have gone to the Intel site and there is a whole rangew of things to install, could you possibly be more precise as to what I need to install plz, thx!!

Try installing mainboard chipset drivers, and make sure USB controllers are enabled in BIOS. They might need an IRQ too, most BIOSes have an option to assign one for USB.

Yay

yuo were right, I went into the BIOS settings and went to the Chipset menu and suer enough USB Controllers was DIsabled, I Enabled it and left USB Legacy Support disabled and whammo!! comp starts detecting flash drive. YOu're a legend mate thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back