TechSpot

Usb flash drive problems

By trash.boxes
Jun 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having some problems with my flash drive. It works fine in all other computer but, if I plug it in my downstairs computer it says Z:\ is not accessible Access is denied. When I try to format it the thing gives me a : You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation. Whats wrong? If it helps I have other usb devices that work but all flash drive don't work. Also I just did a registry clean-up using Ccleaner but I backed up the changes to the registry and when I noticed somthing was wrong I loaded the back-up. That did'nt help at all.

2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

Check the security settings. Right click on the drive in Explorer and look on the security tab.

3. trash.boxes

trash.boxes TS Rookie Topic Starter

There isn't a security settings tab. If there is I must not be doing this right please explain in detail. The right-click also shows that is is an unknown file system.

4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,289

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.